Home > New York Drive-ins by Region > Capital Region > Warren County Drive-ins > Glendale Drive-in
aka Starlite Drive-in
|Location: Glendale Rd. at Rte 9, Pottersville, NY 12860|
|Original owner: Built by Richard Downey and Ernest Whitman.|
|Opening date: July 15, 1950|
|Final season: 1974|
|What's there now: Located behind Shaw Fuel Oil & Kerosene, in Glendale Park, the abandoned drive-in with screen tower and concession building was still standing in winter of 2008. Opened as the Starlite Open Air Theatre, and billed as the "The Heart Of The Mountains Showplace." Name was later changed to the Glendale Drive-in.|
This page was last updated on December 7, 2009.
|Topo Map from 1968, courtesy of TerraServer USA.||Aerial image from 1966, courtesy of the Warren County Soil and Water Conservation District.||Aerial image from 2006 courtesy of Google Earth.||Aerial close-up image from 2006, courtesy of Google Earth.|
|Grand opening article from the Summer Sentinal, Chestertown NY, on July 14, 1950.||Grand opening ad from the Summer Sentinal, Chestertown NY, on July 14, 1950.||Ad from the the Dollar Stretcher on August 1, 1972.||View of screen from projection room in January 2008, courtesy of Rick Cohen.|
|Concession stand and projection building in January 2008, courtesy of Rick Cohen.||Screen tower constructed from cement block in January 2008, courtesy of Rick Cohen.|
[ New York Drive-ins by Region ] [ Open New York Drive-ins ] [ New York Drive-in Statistics ]
[ History of the American Drive-in Theatre ] [ Google Earth Map of New York Drive-ins ] [ Drive-in Links ] [ Email ]
NewYorkDriveins.com is not affiliated with the above mentioned drive-in.
© 2008-2010 NewYorkDriveins.com. All rights reserved.