Home > New York Drive-ins by Region > Hudson Valley Region > Orange County Drive-ins > Middle Hope Drive-in
|Middle Hope Drive-in|
|Location: 5258 Rte 9W, Newburgh, NY 12550|
|Capacity: 450 cars|
|Original owner: Adolph Knaust|
|Opening date: May 29, 1950|
|Final season: 1987|
|What's there now: Abandoned drive-in with screen tower, concession building, and ticket office|
This page was last updated on December 21, 2009.
|Topo Map from 1991, courtesy of TerraServer USA.||Aerial image from 1963, courtesy of the Orange County Soil and Water Conservation District.||Aerial image from 2006, courtesy of Google Earth.||Aerial close-up image from 2006, courtesy of Google Earth.|
|Opening soon ad from the Newburgh News on May 25, 1950.||Opening soon ad from the Newburgh News on May 26, 1950.||Grand opening soon picture from the Newburgh News on May 27, 1950.||Grand opening tonight FULL PAGE ad from the Newburgh News on May 29, 1950.|
|Souvenir matchbook, courtesy of Bruce Lacoste.||Middle Hope Drive-in ruins from 1999, courtesy of Nick Stanchak.||Middle Hope Drive-in ruins from 2002, courtesy of Nick Stanchak.||Middle Hope Drive-in ruins from 2009, courtesy of Joe Schumacher.|
[ New York Drive-ins by Region ] [ Open New York Drive-ins ] [ New York Drive-in Statistics ]
[ History of the American Drive-in Theatre ] [ Google Earth Map of New York Drive-ins ] [ Drive-in Links ] [ Email ]
NewYorkDriveins.com is not affiliated with the above mentioned drive-in.
© 2008-2010 NewYorkDriveins.com. All rights reserved.