Home > New York Drive-ins by Region > Lake Ontario Region > Wayne County Drive-ins > Rose City Drive-in
|Rose City Drive-in|
|Location: 5400 Rte 31, Newark, NY 14513|
|Capacity: 700 cars|
|Original owner: Built by Jack Peterham.|
|Opening date: July 19, 1956|
|Final season: 1981|
|What's there now: Abandoned field, overgrown, screen tower still standing, all other buildings have been demolished.|
This page was last updated on January 23, 2010.
|Topo Map from 1995, courtesy of TerraServer USA.||Aerial image from 1963, courtesy of the Wayne County Soil and Water Conservation District.||Aerial image from 2006, courtesy of Google Earth.||Aerial close-up image from 2006, courtesy of Google Earth.|
|Grand opening tonight article from the Newark Gazette on July 19, 1956.||Grand opening tonight ad from the Newark Gazette on July 19, 1956.||Ad from the Newark Gazette on August 9, 1956.||First anniversary ad from the Palmyra Courier-Journal on July 18, 1957.|
|Rose City Drive-in screen from 1999, courtesy of Jack Cindrich.|
[ New York Drive-ins by Region ] [ Open New York Drive-ins ] [ New York Drive-in Statistics ]
[ History of the American Drive-in Theatre ] [ Google Earth Map of New York Drive-ins ] [ Drive-in Links ] [ Email ]
NewYorkDriveins.com is not affiliated with the above mentioned drive-in.
© 2008-2010 NewYorkDriveins.com. All rights reserved.