Home > New York Drive-ins by Region > North Country Region > Clinton County Drive-ins > Border Drive-in
|Location: 314 Rte 9 at Lake St., Chazy, NY 12921|
|Capacity: 550 cars|
|Original owner: Built by Donald Wilson; operated during the 1970s by Allen Henry; operated from 1981 to 1992 by David Walker and William Russell.|
|Opening date: June 19, 1953|
|Final season: 1992|
|What's there now: Residential housing development, original ticket booth was still standing, but in disrepair, in 2007.|
This page was last updated on January 5, 2010.
|Topo Map from 1966, courtesy of TerraServer USA.||Aerial image from 1994, courtesy of Terra Server USA.||Aerial image from 2006, courtesy of Google Earth.||Aerial close-up image from 2006, courtesy of Google Earth.|
|Opening soon ad from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican on June 16, 1953.||Grand opening tonight ad from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican on June 19, 1953.||Re-opening article from the Plattsburgh Press-Republican on May 7, 1981.||Border Drive-in marquee from 2007, courtesy of Rick Cohen.|
|Residential housing built on the site of the former Border Drive-in, image from 2007, courtesy of Rick Cohen.||Residential housing built on the site of the former Border Drive-in, image from 2007, courtesy of Rick Cohen.||Border Drive-in speaker pole from 2007, courtesy of Rick Cohen.|
[ New York Drive-ins by Region ] [ Open New York Drive-ins ] [ New York Drive-in Statistics ]
[ History of the American Drive-in Theatre ] [ Google Earth Map of New York Drive-ins ] [ Drive-in Links ] [ Email ]
NewYorkDriveins.com is not affiliated with the above mentioned drive-in.
© 2008-2010 NewYorkDriveins.com. All rights reserved.