Home > New York Drive-ins by Region > North Country Region > Essex County Drive-ins > Sara-Placid Drive-in
|Location: Sara-Placid Rd., Rte 86, North Elba, NY 12946|
|Screens: 1 (also offered an 18 hole miniature golf course)|
|Capacity: 300 cars|
|Original owner: Built by Edward J. Hoffman and Ernie A. Stautner; also operated later by Anthony Pellegrini.|
|Opening date: June 24, 1950|
|Final season: 1973|
|What's there now: Undeveloped property, all buildings have been demolished.|
This page was last updated on February 1, 2010.
|Topo Map from 1969, courtesy of NYS GIS.||Aerial image from 1962, courtesy of the Essex County Soil and Water Conservation District.||Aerial image from 2006, courtesy of Google Earth.||Aerial close-up image from 2006, courtesy of Google Earth.|
|Grand opening article from the Lake Placid News on June 23, 1950.||Grand opening FULL PAGE ad from the Adarondak Daily Enterprise on June 23, 1950.||Ad from the Lake Placid News on June 30, 1950.||Re-opening for the season article from the Lake Placid News on April 27, 1951.|
|Ad from the North Country Catholic on August 10, 1958.||Article from the Lake Placid News on February 28, 1974.||Article from the Lake Placid News on September 12, 1974.|
[ New York Drive-ins by Region ] [ Open New York Drive-ins ] [ New York Drive-in Statistics ]
[ History of the American Drive-in Theatre ] [ Google Earth Map of New York Drive-ins ] [ Drive-in Links ] [ Email ]
NewYorkDriveins.com is not affiliated with the above mentioned drive-in.
© 2008-2010 NewYorkDriveins.com. All rights reserved.